Monday, October 27, 2008

Hope

This picture is actually a few weeks old... the weekend Chris and I went out of town for his birthday was also the weekend for Race for the Cure. My parents, Michelle and Dillon walked the Family 2K. Apparently Dillon decided to take a nap during the race. I told my coworkers it looks like he is doing the Pledge of Alliegance in his sleep. :)

One thing I love about this picture is how Dillon looks like he doesn't have a care in the world. I really wish we could have the same outlook on life. Instead, I am slightly worried about the economy, worried about my family... I have felt more vulnerable to security in the last week in the aftermath of the brutal murder of Anne Pressly. And then to hear about the UCA shooting from last night just breaks my heart. I started crying last night thinking about how down right hopeless our world is getting.

And yet, I hold on to hope. I have hope in the fact that I know I have a God to care for me and that I can cast my burdens on Him, for He cares for me. I have hope in the fact that I have a family who supports me, even when it's not all roses. I have hope in the fact that I have a husband who is the greatest man on the face of the planet and who loves me more then I EVER thought someone would. I have hope because I have a son who is the light of my life, who smiles at me just because he knows I am his mommy, and who reminds me that there is still some innocence in this world. I just wish I could bottle it up. I'd give it away. For free! Just so our world could experience it...

I just pray that we all might find some hope in this world. That we might take time to see that we all have blessings and to not take them for granted. :) I thank each of you for being a blessing!

No comments: